- When do you update the website? The Powdered Plum is typically updated with recipes and typical food-blogging fodder on Wednesdays weekly, save for special occasions or holidays and sometimes with the rogue weekend crafting post.
- What camera do you use to take pictures? On most days, I use a Nikon D5000. Sometimes, though, for various reasons (or in some of my older posts), I use a Canon PowerShot SD1200IS (I have the "blue" model, for anyone that's interested in knowing). I don't generally specify which camera is in use, but there is a fairly stark contrast between the end products. Generally speaking, I use my little Canon camera for food reviews on-the-go.
- Where do you live? / Where is The Powdered Plum based out of? I live and run The Powdered Plum out of Louisville, KY.
- What do you use to edit your pictures? I don't use anything fancy, usually. Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, I don't do much editing at all as far as pictures go. However, when I do need to adjust the lighting or some other miscellaneous task, I will use a combination of iPhoto and an old-school copy of Photoshop Elements (5th Edition).
- What did you use to create your header images? This comes out to the same this as my "editing software": an old copy of Photoshop Elements (5th Edition). I got it in high school many moons ago, and it still does everything I need! To actually draw the images you see, though, I use a Wacom tablet.
- Where do you find your recipes? Anywhere recipes are found! Most of my recipes come from my trying to recreate images from Tumblr or Pinterest with my own twist. I'm always careful to specify where the original source can be found in the post whenever possible or available.
- May I use your photographs, images, or posted recipes? Unauthorized use and/or duplication of anything found on this website/blog without my express and written permission is strictly prohibited. You're welcome to use excerpts or to link back, but full and clear credit must be given to The Powdered Plum. Now-a-days, especially online, it's so easy to lose your intellectual property, and, considering the time and effort (and money!) I put into each individual post, it's not something I'm entirely comfortable with allowing. That being said, if you have any questions, you can always feel free to email me.
- Can I contact you with recipe requests or business inquiries? Currently, yes! My schedule is pretty open right now, so feel free to send in either to firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm happy to accept products for review or offers, but please be aware that I will not feature anything on my website that I do not personally believe in or wouldn't consider paying for myself.
- Are you planning on ever doing video tutorials? Yes! I am. Within the year, there should be a proper channel in place, and I'll be sure to update you as soon as that happens.
- What are the names of your cats? Daggett, Chandler, and Pazuzu <3
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for me,
please follow me on Facebook or Twitter and message me! I check both on a daily basis.